Spot Removal Tips
Whether they are dribbles or disasters, food and beverage stains are part of everybody’s life. However, you don’t have to be stuck with them forever. Read through our tips and suggestions below to learn how best to rid your carpet of the worst stains. If your carpet has been treated with Clean-Dry’s Protectant, then you already have a huge advantage in removing stains.
Stain Removal Tips
- Act Quickly – The longer the stain is allowed to remain, the more chance it has to set.
- Know what kind of stain you are working on as well as the type of fabric or surface it is on so you can choose the best product. View the list below to see which product to use for water or oil based spots.
- Remove as much excess stain as you can by blotting, scraping or brushing whatever will come off. DO NOT rub it in.
- Test all fabrics and carpets before cleaning by spraying a small amount of Clean-Dry Professional Strength Spot Remover or Clean-Dry Grease & Oil Remover on a hidden area, blot dry and observe for 10 minutes. Make sure there is not carpet color removal onto the cloth and that, when dry, there is not a visible discoloration in the area you cleaned.
- Work from the outside edge of the stain to the inside to keep the stain from spreading.
- Call Clean-Dry for expert spot & stain removal if these efforts do not work.
- Have a Clean-Dry Professional apply our Powerguard Protector with every cleaning to give you the best chance for removing stains.
Understand the Difference
|Clean-Dry Professional Strength
Grease & Oil Remover
|*Acne Med||*Dye||Liquor||Adhesive Tape||Hand Lotion||Oil|
|Beer||Excrement||Soft Drinks||Butter||Lamp Oil||Paint|
|*Beetroot||*Food Coloring||*Soy Sauce||Candy||Linseed Oil||Playdough|
|Blood||Garden Soil||Starch||Cooking Oil||Lotion||Rubber Cement|
|Butter||Glue (wet)||*Tea||Crayon||Machine Oil||Shoe Polish|
|Cheese||Grout (wet)||*Urine||*Furniture Polish||Marker||Tar|
|Chocolate||Ice Cream||*Vomit||Glue||Mascara||Tree Sap|
|*Cough Syrup||Lard||Gum||Metal Polish|
|*Curry||Latex Paint (wet)||Hair Oil||*Nail Polish|
* These items can chemically damage carpet fibers which may require a Clean-Dry Professional’s assistance. Please be EXTREMELY careful with ink. For larger spills call your local Clean-Dry representative.
A BETTER WAY TO CLEAN. A CLEANER WAY TO LIVE.
Call your local Clean-Dry service provider for a free phone estimate or schedule an appointment online today.